3COM (DSL) wireless router are using 192.168.1.1 as default IP address for logged into the router admin panel, for default username and password see the table below, All models 3COM are discontinued, below are guides to access and setup configurations for 3Com routers.
3Com 192.168.1.1 Username and Password
|OfficeConnect ADSL Wireless 11g||n/a||admin|
|OfficeConnect Wireless 11g||n/a||admin|
Step-by-step How to log into your 3Com Router Login Page
Before you can access and configuring, ensure your device already connect to the 3Com router network. Make sure you type the 192.168.1.1 IP address with correctly.
1. Open Web Browser and type http://192.168.1.1 (you can type the IP address without the http://) in the address bar of web browser
2. Enter System Password, If you first time access the router login page the default is admin
3. You are successfully log into the router admin page and ready to configuring
Basic Setup using Wizard
Once you can logged into the router admin panel, you can perform basic setup the router using wizard or quick setup guide.
1. Click Wizard tab menu to start the basic setup
2. First step setup wizard are changing the password, you can change the default password, try to mix of letters and numbers to get more secure password.
- Field 1 insert the current password ‘admin‘
- New password in field box 2
- Retype the new password in field 3
3. Second step setup wizard are Time and Time Zone
- Check the box Using Time Server
- Select your Time Zone
- Select Time Server
- Check Enable Daylight savings
- Click Next
4. Select the connection type of your ISP (it’s depending what type that providing by your ISP): PPoE, PPoA, Bridge Mode (for a single PC), Routing mode over ATM or Dynamic/Fixed IP in 1483 Bridge mode (for multiple PCs).
5. Enter the parameter settings that provided by your ISP.
- Retype Password
- Click Next
6. Click Next in Default LAN settings and DHCP Server Parameters (No need to change)
7. Change the SSID in wireless settings for better security, you can try to change the Channel if you have a problem with the wireless connection. and Click Next
8. Final step are list of the settings, click Apply if you already enter the information with correctly. The settings will saved and the router will reboot about 2-3 minutes to complete the wizard setup.
Congratulation you have successfully completed setup your 3Com router.